CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Update

I just thought I would write since it has been a while. Here are the updates:

Work has been stressful but I am so thankful that I have it to focus on as it keeps my mind off of other things.

My poor sister is having a bad month and it will be her 31st birthday on Thursday.

  1. She had a car accident on 07/03/2008 that was not her fault but everyone was fine although her car was ruined.
  2. My nephew (her youngest son) had a firework accident on 07/04/2008 and had to be taken to the hospital for 2nd degree burns on 3 of his fingers and...
  3. Yesterday, she was the passenger in her brand new 3 day old Honda in another car accident in Rogers, Arkansas. Again, everyone was fine but her brand new car is completely totaled again. Now she has 2 claims pending with the insurance company for 2 accidents in the same month. How does that work???

POOR THING! I feel so bad for her! I am just so thankful that everyone is safe and we all made it home okay.

Some good news....We just arrived from a fantastic weekend at Beaver Lake in Arkansas. It is a fantastically beautiful area and I would recommend it to anyone. We rented a 6 bedroom cabin right on the water with a fantastic 180 degree view of the lake for $400/night. It was amazing and the cabin was MORE that accomodating. I told my husband that I wanted to stay forever and never come back home. But I did : ( We went out on the lake in the boat, cooked out, played cards, and roasted marshmallows. It was amazing! We need to plan a few more of those trips throughout the year.

On to IVF, my donor has her 1st phone consultation with Dr. S on Thursday. My husband will also be there but I am going to stay at work and try to save up as much leave as possible. I told my husband that if we are not pregnant by the beginning of next year, I want to seriously take a month-long vacation to some beautiful beach somewhere in the tropics and not think about the word "INFERTILITY" ever again. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Anyway, I am assuming that the phone consult will basically be about my donor's medical history and will probably require the scheduling of some testing for her. Did I tell you guys that she has had a partial hysterectomy? How does that work?....you say. Well, from what I understand. She still have her ovaries and still ovulates every month but she does not have a uterus so no periods!! Dr. S. seems to think that we have a good shot at this working so we are going to wait and see what happens.

To tell you the truth, I am unusually calm about the whole situation. I am not feeling anxious nor do I have any unrealistic expectations about this. We are going to aim for cycle #3 around October/November and hope for the best!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Welcome back!! I am glad you have taken some time for you. Now you are well rested and ready to jump back in the saddle. I am glad you are coming back into this calm and relaxed. I thought I would be having a harder time than I am. I know there is a plan out there.

Ps. Can I go on that vacation with you, and leave the infertility world for a month?!?!

CJ said...

Oh i was thinking she was carrying the baby for you, but you are just using her eggs. Gotcha!

glad you are back and feeling good!