CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Huge Disappointment

Today was probably one of the worst days of my life. Matt and I drove to Richardson, Texas yesterday and stayed at this grand hotel with the expectations that today was going to be the day.
Today was going to be the 1st day of the rest of my life. A day that was going to start my pregnancy journey with the expected outcome of a child of my own. I had naive hopes that they would implant 3 perfect embryos and I would get a positive on my pregnancy test two weeks later. I was so naive. Not once did I prepare myself for the outcome that none of my embryos would make it.

Needless to say, we were sitting in Dr. S's office at our scheduled time and we were called back into his office. As soon as we were called into his office instead of the lab, I knew that something was wrong. You could just see the disappointment in his face. For unexplained reasons, none of my 13 embryos made it to day 5 and we had made this trip for nothing. I was so disappointed, we immediately checked out of our $115/night hotel and headed home. I am still in shock! Why has my body betrayed me? I guess that this is something we will wonder about for a long time.

0 comments: