CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Proud

I am so proud of myself. My husband has been giving me my IVF injections every day and night and he getting really good at it. He is really careful and takes extra precautions to hurt me at little as he can.

Tonite he was gone. He works evenings and could not come home at his usual time at 11:45 p.m. to give me my Gonal F shot. Lo and behold, I was going to have to do it myself. You should have seen me. It was horrible. I had to talk myself up to it for like 20 minutes. I got all clammy and sweaty and still could not do it.

I called myself a baby and had the needle in my hand but somehow, I could not drive the needle into my belly. I can't do it. I called my husband and told him and actually contemplated driving the 40 minutes to his work. I hung up the phone and then said "just do it!" Guess what?

I did it! I am so proud of myself. Now, I won't do it again unless I have to but at least now I know I can if I need to. Aren't you proud of me?

0 comments: