CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 20, 2008

D & C

I had my procedure this morning and it was not as bad as I had imagined.

Everyone at the hospital was super SWEET and Doctor P said that everything went fine. They sent the results off for testing and we expect to hear something about the results in about 6 weeks. Although we don't expect, it will be good to hear for sure the it was a chromosomal issue. I am so tired and sore today. Just a lot of cramping and general soreness but all-in-all, it was not as bad as an experience as I had expected. I was so proud of myself because I made if through the entire hospital procedure (about 6 hours) without a tear. I almost broke down as they were wheeling me into the surgical room but once I saw the 6 strangers in the room waiting to prep me, fear took over and I was more focused on what they were doing and making sure that I was going to be good and asleep before the doctor did anything.

Matt took really good care of me and my mom came over just to make sure he was doing a good job. She was so sweet. She brought me trashy magazines, a crossword puzzle, books and CHOCOLATE!!!! I layed around the house and watched a lot of Top Chef and Ace of Cakes. I love the Food Network and HGTV. Don't know what I would do without it!

In closing, I am glad that this part of the process is over. In a weird way, the procedure kind of provided me with closure and the opportunity to move on and focus on something else. I am not saying that it is getting any easier but at least now I know that it will - with a little more time.

0 comments: