CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New Doctor

I went to a local doctor today to get prepared for a D&C that I have scheduled for later this week. I am so glad that I at least got it scheduled on such short notice and that it is going to be done before I go back down to Dallas on Monday for the final leg of my 3 month training. Dr P (as I will call him) seemed really sweet and felt that a D&C was the best step to take from here since we are going to try for IVF #3 around September or October. It was really hard to sit in a lobby full of pregnant women and smile and pretend that everything is okay but I did it and I am so proud of myself. I even managed to sit through another U/S and a doctor consultation without any tears. The trip to the car, that is another story. With all things considered, it was pretty good day. The fact that we have the procedure scheduled for the day after tomorrow just eases a lot of stress and I am so glad we got it done.

I finally spoke to my mother-in-law today. Although she heard the bad news on Tuesday while she was at work, I had not personally spoken to her about the miscarriage until today. I feel so sorry for her as I know how much she was wanting this to happen for us. I feel so bad--like such a failure for not being able to give them a grandchild!! She took the miscarriage almost as hard as I did and I feel so bad for her.

We talked through our tears today and agreed that we were going to try to remain positive and try again in a few months. She is amazing and I love her so much! Thank God for great friends and family right?!?

0 comments: